Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Cookie Dough Frosting:
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 19 minutes
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Filling and Topping
Cook time: 18 min
Ready in: 18 min
Yields: 12 sevings
Ingredients For the Cupcakes
Ingredients for the Frosting and Garnish
Why not try these Gingerbread Cupcake? *I already have my Christmas Cupcakes planned this year. otherwise I may have done this.*
All right I admit it I went a little overboard on the banner for this one. I just couldn't decide how I wanted it to look. So in honor of tomorrow being Halloween here is Tanya Burr's latest recipe.
Yield: 24 Cupcakes
1 box White Cake Mix
2 egg whites
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup strong coffee
8 oz mascarpone
1 tablespoon strong coffee
1/2 cup powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, gently whisk egg whites, egg, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla.
4. Stir cake mix into wet ingredients.
5. Using half of the batter, fill cupcake liners about 1/3 full.
6. With the remaining cake batter, add the strong coffee and mix. (You may need to add 1 or 2 tablespoons of flour to thicken the batter.)
7. Scoop the coffee cake batter over the regular batter so that each cupcake liner is filled about 3/4. (So you have one layer of vanilla cake and a top layer of coffee cake.)
8. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
9. Filling: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl using a spoon.
10. Topping: Using a whisk attachment on your stand mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add vanilla. Slowly add in heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
11. To assemble, cut a cone shaped piece of cake out the top of each cupcake (make sure cakes are cooled). Generously spoon in your filling. Pipe your whipped topping over the hole with the filling and top with chocolate shavings and cocoa powder.
*For my strong coffee, I mixed about 1/3 cup boiling water with 4-5 teaspoons instant coffee. Then I measured my coffee from that. Adjust recipe using more or less coffee depending on how much you like the flavor of it.