Now back to what this blog was really about. Christmas Cupcakes. When ever there is a holiday or big event in my family I make cupcakes. When it comes to the Holidays I always try and theme the cupcakes to the Holiday. For Christmas I have already done Hot Chocolate cupcakes with homemade marshmallow whipped frosting. Last year I did candy cane cupcakes. This year I want to do something Christmasy but I want to add my own special little fun twist to it. So this afternoon I have been hunting around online for just an idea. I thought I would share one of my favorite ones with you. It's called a Pumpkin Nutella S'mores Cupcake. I made pumpkin cupcakes last year for Thanksgiving. They were so good. And I absolutely love Nutella I put it on basically anything. In my mind its never to late for Nutella. Plus S'mores never get old. If I don't make these for Christmas then I will definitely hold onto this recipe for another time for sure.
If you would like to make these or just check out the recipe even. I will include it with this blog. If you make them or have made them or even eaten them let me know how it was in the comments.
1 2/3 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 C. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 C. oil
1/3 C. milk
1 C. pumpkin puree
6 graham crackers, crushed
1/2 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. Nutella
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. milk
2 4 C. powdered sugar
Large Marshmallows for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, sugar, salt cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger together (or you can use pumpkin pie spice instead of the the separate spices).
3. Add oil, eggs, milk and pumpkin puree and stir until smooth.
4. Sprinkle a heaping teaspoon of crushed graham crackers on the bottom of each cupcake liners. Shake the pan to level the crumbs then fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full of batter.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Nutella Frosting: Beat butter and Nutella until smooth, Add cocoa powder, milk and 2 cups powdered sugar. Continue to add in more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add more milk if it's too thick.
7. Place large marshmallows on a cookie sheet covered in foil and place in the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes. OKAY, you have to sit there and watch them broil or they will burn. Let them get toasty and then pull them out immediately! Sometimes I'll pop them in the freezer to blast chill them so they don't lose their shape.
8. Pipe Nutella frosting on cooled cupcakes, sprinkle with extra graham cracker crumbs and then top with a toasted marshmallow.