I haven't done a song of the week in a really long time. Recently a close friend of mine told me to check out this band and I have been hooked ever sense.
I'm absolutely loving this song. I have had it on repeat *literally* sense it dropped last night. This weeks song of the week is by one of my very favorite artist Louis Tomlinson ft. Bebe Rexha and Digital Farm Animals.
Back To You
I've sat here for a little while now, trying to figure out if I should write this post or not. How would I word it? Would it even matter saying something about it? Would people even care enough to read another thing about it? Today we lost someone from the music world who has made a big impact on my life personally. Chester Bennington from Linkin Park has very sadly ended his own life today. My heart goes out to his family, his band mates, his friends and his fans.
I have been a fan of Linkin Park sense Hybrid Theory first dropped. I've talked about this band before on here saying "Everyone has that one band in their life that has so much meaning to them. That one band that's songs and lyrics connect perfectly with you. That one band you keep going back to no matter what. This is that band for me." This band has been so much to me over the years. Almost every song they have made has some sort of memory good or bad attached to it.
I was talking to my niece today about this and I said to her "I can't imagine ever being in a place so dark you feel like there's no help or no way out but death." In my opinion death is never the answer, no matter how old you are or even who you are if you ever feel like that may be what you want to do please don't. Please seek help. If you feel like no one around you will care or listen to you please call this number 1-800-273-8255 there are people out there who want to help you. No life is worth losing.
RIP Chester I hope you have finally found peace.
XO That One Girl
30 song answers about me that I bet you didn't know.
1. A song you like with a color in the title
Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
2. A song you like with a number in the title
3. A song that reminds you of summertime
Cake By The Ocean - DNCE
4. A song that reminds you of someone you would rather forget
Thank You-Simple Plan
5. A song that needs to be played loud
Shout Out To My Ex -Little Mix
6. A song that makes you want to dance
Burn - Ellie Goulding
7. A song to drive to
We Own It - 2 Chainz & Wiz Khalifa
8. A song that makes you happy
Clouds - One Direction
9. A song that makes you sad
God's Will - Martina McBride
10. A song from your preteen years
MMMBob - Hanson
11. One of your favorite 80’s songs
Like A Prayer - Madonna
12. A song that you would loved to be played at your wedding
Penguin - Christina Perri
13. A song that was covered by another artist
I Walk The Line - Halsey
14. One of your favorite classical songs
Lily's Theme - Alexandre Desplat
15. A duet song you would sing at Karaoke
Bonnie And Clyde - Jay-Z & Beyonce
16. A song from the year that you were born
Didn't I (Blow Your Mind) - New Kids On The Block
17. A song that makes you think about life
Just Hold On - Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson
18. A song that has meaning to you
Numb- Linkin Park
19. A favorite song with a name in the title
Nina - Ed Sheeran
20. A song that moves you forward
See You Again - Wiz Khalifa feat. Chartlie Puth
21. A song you think everyone should listen to
Slow Hands - Niall Horan
22. A song about drugs/alcohol
Happy Little Pill - Troye Sivan
23. A song by a band you wish were still together
Just A Girl - No Doubt
24. A song by an artist no longer living
Heroes - David Bowie
25. A song that makes you want to fall in love
Breathe - Faith Hill
26. A song that breaks your heart
Concrete Angel - Martina McBride
27. A song by an artist with a voice that you love
Sign Of The Times - Harry Styles
28. A song you remember from your childhood
Turn Back Time - Cher
29. A song that reminds you of yourself
A Little Too Much - Shawn Mendes
30. A song you just listened to
Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
It's no secret that I'm obsessed with The X Factor. I am constantly talking about it *off the blog* and I live tweet with the show each week *one of my random fav things to do* This week was the semi finals, and with out a doubt Louisa Johnson killed it! All though I really really want Che to win this year. I feel that Louisa has what it takes to make it. When she first auditioned I knew right away that she would be in the final. And with this song she definitely sealed her fate to be in the finals this year.
Just like everyone else I have become obsessed with the new Adele song. I'm so glad she is back and hasn't lost her touch. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album. Hello has not only found its way into a blog post. But also found its way to to the side of my blog as well.
Little Mix has released their first single from their 3rd *still not named* album. After my first listen I got an Sclub7/Steps vibe from it. Its really different then the rest of their songs. Its not my fav but at the same time I don't hate it.
If you have been following this blog for a while. Or know me personally you know how much I love Ed Sheeran. Hes one of my all time favs. Hell meeting him was on my bucket list. *I say was because I got to scratch it off the list on 12-16-13, More on that here* I did a whole post on what I love about his music. And how much I love the song Photograph in my September 30 day challenge. *You can read it here* Anyways point... Ed just launched his latest music video for the song Photograph. The video is full of home movies of Ed growing up tell the present. Its cute and I love it and here it is!...